CCP Art. 4603 Venue

Art. 4603.  Same; procedure; venue

A person desiring a judicial partition of property shall petition for it in a court of competent jurisdiction.  The partition proceeding shall be brought in the venue provided by Article 80(2) if the property sought to be partitioned is immovables, or both movables and immovables; or in the parish where some of the property is situated, if it consists only of movables.

Except as otherwise provided by law, a partition proceeding is subject to the rules regulating ordinary proceedings.

Share this post to social media...