Art. 2369.8 Right to Partition

Art. 2369.8.  Right to partition; no exclusion by agreement; judicial partition

A spouse has the right to demand partition of former community property at any time.  A contrary agreement is absolutely null.

If the spouses are unable to agree on the partition, either spouse may demand judicial partition which shall be conducted in accordance with R.S. 9:2801.

Acts 1995, No. 433, §1.

Share this post to social media...