Art. 121 Claim for Contributions to Education (Court Authority)

Art. 121.  Claim for contributions to education or training; authority of court

In a proceeding for divorce or thereafter, the court may award a party a sum for his financial contributions made during the marriage to education or training of his spouse that increased the spouse’s earning power, to the extent that the claimant did not benefit during the marriage from the increased earning power.

The sum awarded may be in addition to a sum for support and to property received in the partition of community property.

Acts 1990, No. 1008, §2, eff. Jan. 1, 1991; Acts 1991, No. 367, §1.

Share this post to social media...